As part of the Office of Governmental Relations, federal relations staff work closely with the United States Congress, the Administration, and federal agencies to promote the education, research, health, and economic development missions of the University of Illinois.
University of Illinois' federal relations team has professional staff members who work to advance U of I's interests in the nation's capital. Federal Relations staff have a broad portfolio of responsibilities, including:
- Supporting the federal priorities of our three distinct campuses;
- Working with our Illinois Congressional delegation and higher education and research associations to promote U of I priorities;
- Arranging and preparing U of I staff and faculty for Congressional meetings;
- Coordinating profile-raising activities with Congress and the Administration, including Congressional briefings and testimony opportunities; and
- Providing regular updates on federal issues that affect U of I
The federal relations team can also connect you with Lewis-Burke Associates LLC, a DC-based firm that specializes in higher education, scientific research, and other issues.
Please get in touch if you are planning a trip to Washington, DC